Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/25/14 at 4:36pm
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

To vote for our site click on both these links!!

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
70cuda sidescoops ?? n e one have (Read 13308 times)
PRO70CUDA
YaBB Newbies

Cuda's Rock

70cuda sidescoops ?? n e one have
06/02/04 at 7:31pm

im looking for the 70cuda sidescoops that is a rare thing on 70cudas my cuda is supposed to have them email me back at Pro70cuda@hotmail.com if you have them

mopar or no car
View Profile krazykid931   IP Logged
TOR-RED-AAR
Global Moderator

Re: 70cuda sidescoops ?? n e one have
Reply #1 - 06/02/04 at 7:55pm

The M46 code you speak of is a hard item to find. The last pair on E-Bay were ones taken off a car and went for $1400.00  Shocked    Also the M46 option as far as I know was only available on Barracudas and not Cudas. If you have a Cuda and it has this option yours would be the first one if you have documented proof I.E. fender tag and broadcast sheet. Could you fill us in a little more on your car please?? Thanx

View Profile WWW Transammopars   IP Logged
PRO70CUDA
YaBB Newbies

Cuda's Rock

Reply #2 - 06/02/04 at 10:09pm

Im sorry for not being more spacific it is a 1970 barracuda it was a show car in california i am restoring it and thx for the reply so is there any out there at all can you tell me plz reply thanks

mopar or no car
PRO70CUDA
YaBB Newbies

Cuda's Rock

Reply #3 - 06/02/04 at 10:14pm

when i mean show car i mean it was for show only for the product line in a car dealer ship

mopar or no car
TOR-RED-AAR
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - 06/03/04 at 10:56am

Ok and just curious as to how you came to that conclusion about your car?? Do you have paperwork or other documentation to show this??? If so how bout sharing with us so we can see what this looks like?? Thanx

PRO70CUDA
YaBB Newbies

Cuda's Rock

Reply #5 - 06/03/04 at 4:37pm

im not sure if im being misslead but this is just info i was told about the car from other owners who had these or know of someone they said is was one of the options just for show not for the actual car or sumthing all i know is im trying to go off the info i got and if its wrong ill have to keep learning on what the car used to be  

sorry if its not true i just got told this by others

mopar or no car
TOR-RED-AAR
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 06/03/04 at 7:45pm

The M46 option is a genuine for real option. It was available on Barracudas only both Gran Coupes and Barracudas could have had them. There is a member of this board who knows more about them than anyone else I know. His name is Dwight Rindt and his username is M46rat I will try and get him to post a brief history on them so you understand more about the option. Thanx

PRO70CUDA
YaBB Newbies

Cuda's Rock

Reply #7 - 06/04/04 at 2:09am

i found out were  i was told it had to be a show car in the fender tag area where you got pictures of the m46 you said that they only come on those kinds of cars plz reply if you can tell me more on these i would love to learn more about them an wish to restore my car with them on it

mopar or no car
tickledpink
YaBB Moderator

Reply #8 - 06/06/04 at 12:42am

M46 Scoop

m462.jpeg (attachment deleted)  

View Profile   IP Logged
TORRED4SPEED
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 12/30/04 at 5:44pm

Whoa!!! I've had questions about my build sheet for a while pertaining to this issue! My car is coded for the M46 option. Anyone care to see the documentation??? I've never seen this - I didn't even know what this was. Can anyone tell me how rare of an option this was?

View Profile   IP Logged
TORRED4SPEED
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 12/31/04 at 12:41am

I just learned that I probably DID NOT have this option! Even though  my b-sheet lists it at an option, there is a huge mistake. My Gran Coupe is a very early car. October 10th of 1969 to be exact. Early in that month some E series papers made their way into the seats of some cars instead of '70 F series forms. So the format is different and there are going to be items that will decode differently. I will post more as I learn more about it. Kinda sad though. The side scoops are kinda goofy in that pic, but I was glad to here of a possible rarity concerning my car. Oh well. Pro70Cuda... you might want to check your build sheet if you have one... you might not have that m46 at all.

View Profile   IP Logged
E-bodyman
YaBB Newbies

Reply #11 - 12/31/04 at 2:08am

Pro70cuda's car has the code on the fendertag and you can see where the scoops were fastened on the quarters.
His car was also built in 10-69,I believe it's an L.A.-built car that doesn't have a buildsheet. The scheduled date was 10-21-69. There is more info on these cars in the "code q@a" section under the thread titled "Fender Tag !!!"
Dallas

Email View Profile   IP Logged
TORRED4SPEED
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 12/31/04 at 10:59am

Well, there's the difference... his is on his fender tag. And it should be. I am glad for Pro70Cuda, sad for me. Now, all I need to do is get ahold of the correct form so I can decode my car properly. Boohoo. Thanx everyone.

View Profile   IP Logged
TOR-RED-AAR
Global Moderator

Reply #13 - 12/31/04 at 4:47pm

If you have your cars broadcast sheet and it has M46 on it then so should your fender tag. If you send me your cars info I can decode it for you. transamcuda@comcast.net

AARconv
YaBB Newbies

Reply #14 - 12/22/06 at 7:35pm

link to a 1970 Barracuda with M46 option:

http://buzztrader.com/showad.cgi?1354&1970360105WA_285_4024.dat

View Profile   IP Logged
Cuda Hunter

Always looking for a
1971 on the side of
a barn.

Reply #15 - 12/23/06 at 11:55am

I have been looking for an M46 car for some time now.  It is a very hard car to find.  I don't really care what color but I sure do want the m46 option.  I havn't been able to locate any side scoops now for over a year.  I believe that I helped raise enough concern for this part on CudaChallenger.com and talked I believe HARMS AUTO into reproducing some.  He said it would be a while but he would let me and the world know when he has completed tooling the part.  I just love big goddy scoops all over cars, just seems to make them look mean to me.  

Unfortunately in my decoder book there are two diffrent options for M46, the first being the QTR Airscoop-SIMULATED and the second being Wheelhouse Skirt.  I havn't ever seen the wheel house skirt and this has me wondering what this is for.  Since I mentioned one option I havn't ever seen, being the wheel house skirt, I might as well mention another. There is an option for hideaway headlights for 1971 in my book.  Can anyone shed light on these unknown options.  

I am also looking for a set or several sets of these scoops.  If anyone happens along a stash of these scoops please let me know, I am willing to pay finders fees.   Thanks

cuda.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Cuda Hunter

Always looking for a
1971 on the side of
a barn.

Reply #16 - 12/23/06 at 11:58am

Here is another picture.

M46cudaoption.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Cuda Hunter

Always looking for a
1971 on the side of
a barn.

Reply #17 - 12/23/06 at 12:01pm

http://www.transamcuda.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1145223458/0

Here are some more pictures from a post I had a while back.   Shocked

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=19384.0

Here is some discussion from cudachallenger.com that I posted about the M 46 option.  thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
cudadude5570
YaBB Newbies

I Love
www.Transamcuda.com

Reply #18 - 07/19/07 at 7:34pm

Quote from Cuda Hunter on 12/23/06 at 11:55am:
 I have been looking for an M46 car for some time now.  It is a very hard car to find.  I don't really care what color but I sure do want the m46 option.  I havn't been able to locate any side scoops now for over a year.  I believe that I helped raise enough concern for this part on CudaChallenger.com and talked I believe HARMS AUTO into reproducing some.  He said it would be a while but he would let me and the world know when he has completed tooling the part.  I just love big goddy scoops all over cars, just seems to make them look mean to me.  

Unfortunately in my decoder book there are two diffrent options for M46, the first being the QTR Airscoop-SIMULATED and the second being Wheelhouse Skirt.  I havn't ever seen the wheel house skirt and this has me wondering what this is for.  Since I mentioned one option I havn't ever seen, being the wheel house skirt, I might as well mention another. There is an option for hideaway headlights for 1971 in my book.  Can anyone shed light on these unknown options.  

I am also looking for a set or several sets of these scoops.  If anyone happens along a stash of these scoops please let me know, I am willing to pay finders fees.   Thanks

the primered m46 barracuda in this picture is mine.  You can send me a pm about it.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print